So being a personal shopper and fashion blogger you know I get so many questions on how to clean clothes! So I thought why not do a show about it on my ABC4 Fashion Segment I do each week. I picked some of my fave top tips plus I found an awesome video on FabSugar.com that gave awesome tips too that I referred from on my blog. So thanks Fabsugar. We have all had those questions about your favorite new top that you can’t wait to wear and then you hate to wash it because your too afraid of making it that much more destroyed in the dreaded washer. So here are some tips I think you will just love. Hope this helps!
COTTON- Tend to shrink over time! This always happens to me so if you follow this then you can wear the love out of that Tee.
2.Don’t dry mostly if you love the fit!
3. Hang Dry
SILK- Don’t be afraid to wash this…totally easier then you think!
1. Hand Wash in cold water
2. Apply Mild Detergent Woolite or Dreft to help preserve garments natural oils
3. Rinse in cold water to remove all soap.
4. Apply few drops of hair conditioner to tub of water let sit for 5 mins. This helps fabric to stay soft and flexible.
5. Hang Dry!
6. Handy tip: If you need a spot clean use lemon or vinegar
CASHMERE- WARNING! CHECK LABEL FOR DRY CLEAN ONLY. IF IT IS DRY CLEAN IF NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Hand wash in luke warm water
2. Mild Soap/Shampoo-Recommend using facial soap like Neutrogena
3. Never ring out or twist! It will lose its shape LAY FLAT TO DRY WARNING: NEVER HANG ON A HANGER TO DRY!
WOOL- CAN BE TRICKY! IF WASHED IT CAN COME OUT LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR A CHILD
1. Doesnt need to be washed very often so don’t wash often
2. Soak in cold water for few hours to help saturate all wool fivers to help with shrinkage.
3. Make Soap solution with Woolite or Dreft and hair conditioner
4. Lay Flat to Dry
SUEDE-NEED A SUEDE BRUSH AND ERASER! YOU CAN BUY AT WALLMART
1. Use eraser first then brush the fabric down
2. NO WASHING SUEDE
3. Oil stains use cornstarch then brush to normal
4. Water stains use paper towel to soak it up
CHIFFON-CHECK LABEL TO SEE IF IT’S MADE FROM SILK IF SO USE SILK DIRECTIONS IF IT’S NOT AND IT’S CHEAPY CHIFFON FROM RAYON OR POLYESTER THEN FOLLOW THESE STEPS
1. Wash in machine
2. Cold Cycle on gental cycle
3. Mild Detergent
4. Dryer on cool and short cycle.
1. Machine wash in cold water
2. Mild Detergent
3. Air Dry No Twisting or ringing it out. This will lose its shape
4. Iron inside out
1. Lingerie Bag in the washer on cool
2. Connect bra hooks and ilets together before washing to avoid hooking on to other items.
3. Avoid Dryer! So you can avoid elastic working and loosing shape.
1. Turn inside out to help protect the wash on the jeans unless you want the faded looks as part of your style
2. Lay flat to dry, helps keep the size of the jeans perfect to fit.
3. Dry in dryer if you want them to shrink up a bit if they stretched too much.
Ok I hope this helps.! Thanks for watching me every week on my Fashion Segment on ABC4 Utah. Catch me next week talking on more spring trends for this season.