On Monday’s I will start showcasing my most favorite products I have had the pleasure to style. Everyone who has been a long time follower of mine for the past 10 years that I have been a stylist knows that I am addicted to T shirts and Jeans. I have owned my own store and been a buyer for years so I have gotten to know a ton of designers and brands. My t shirt drawer is a little out of control but I feel like you can wear a t shirt anywhere you go even to church or a formal night out. It’s all how you style it up. Today I styled out my fave #DirtyRich t shirt from The Laundry Room. Check out some of the looks. You can catch all their style and shop the looks from their instagram @tlroom and online www.tlroom.com. My most favorite featured look is the Wifey shirt. I love being a wifey to my cute hubby so I just love that tee. Happy week everyone. Go shopping!!
All posts tagged pintrest
Yes spring is coming and I have teamed up with LuLaRoe for a Spring Dress giveaway. As the snow melts and we are starting to see more of that beautiful sun, it makes us want to start shopping again for that perfect spring wardrobe. One of the most important pieces is a fun and bright spring dress. Dresses always come in handy mostly since we will be heading into that wedding season right now and need multiple choices to look divine and have a fresh springy feel. So today I want to introduce you to a great company named LuLaRoe! They are just that colorful,fresh, and everything comfy. Their dresses are light and the material makes you want to wear it all day long. I want one of their dresses in each color for real! My most fav part of the dress?? The pockets of course. Being a mom I always have to hold everything and it makes it so nice to have those cute pic pockets. Today we are giving one away to one lucky reader and follower of my fashion blog. So listen up this is what you need to do to be entered! You need to comment on why you need a new spring dress below, then you need to go follow me on my instagram under @jenstyles and follow @lularoe on theirs as well. Make sure to hash tag any shares of this giveaway on facebook and instagram with #whyIneedaLuLaRoespringdress! You can do a photo you can do a comment on the blog and instagram or facebook. Just make sure you tell me why you need a LuLaRoe spring dress and on friday I will be picking one lucky winner! Thanks to LuLaRoe for making this possible and for their fab style! I am a major fan. Now go comment and share everywhere so you can look fab this spring!
Tights: Forever 21
Black Friday shopping tips are a must for this season mad house seasonal shopping. Are you prepared? Let me help you.
It’s that time again! The shopping season madness. As a personal shopper, shopping is now a job and I have a plan. To make the most out of your shopping list you want to be prepared so you can get the best deals, and save the most money. Make this something of giving back and being nice, not stress and having no Christmas Spirit. Get relaxed and get a plan. I am here to help! Check out my top tips for shopping black Friday deals and finish with a smile on your face.
1. Be prepared. This means studying the ads before Black Friday. By now, many of the major retailers have released their Black Friday in-store specials, so check one of the comprehensive Black Friday-focused websites such as bfads.net, blackfriday.info, theblackfriday.com, and gottadeal.com to see whether you’re getting the best deal. Some sites let you filter your searches by product categories, such as TVs.
Dress in layers. While it’s freezing cold outside, the stores are toasty warm. I wear my long sleeve thermal and comfy jeans with my trusty flat boots. I bring a light jacket that is great for standing out in lines and easy to stuff in my purse when I am running around shopping. Leave the big coat at home!
2. Shop online first. Why leave the family and your comfy couch if you don’t really have to? Before you brave the crowds at the stores, check to see if the retailer is offering the same—or even better—deals on its website. In past years, some of the biggest retailers have offered online sales during Black Friday week that have included many of the same items offered as part of their in-store Black Friday events and often combined with low- or no-cost shipping deals. And some retailers will offer online exclusives you couldn’t get even by walking into one of their retail locations. . The stores I shop the most are Amazon, Zappos, and 6pm.com. Amazon is having a week long “black friday event”. You can start today!
3. Sign up for e-mail alerts. Many retailers now use e-mail alerts to encourage store loyalty and frequent shopping. Sign up for alerts that will let you know about upcoming promotions and to receive coupons or discounts.
4. Get Social: Use social media to find out about deals as well by following stores on Twitter and Facebook. You can receive extra deals from the stores. You can also track on Twitter if deals are worth it or if sale items are sold out throughout Brown Thursday/Black Friday.
5. Get The App. Before you head out to the store, make sure your smart phone or Iphone is charged and loaded with a few key comparison-shopping apps (such as ShopSavvy, ShopKick, and RedLaser, and I love new target app cartwheel) that will let you see special deals and compare prices while you’re in the store. Many include a bar-code scanner that lets you scan and compare prices, plus a QR-code reader that can sometimes get you coupon codes or special deals.
If you see that an item is cheaper at a nearby store, try showing that price on your phone to a store manager and see if he or she will match that deal. Also consider the Black Friday App, from dealnews.com, for up-to-date Black Friday info, and try Evernote or List Weaver if you need to make and take a shopping list with you to help you keep on track.
6. Create a budget: Many Black Friday sales, especially door buster specials that are typically available in limited quantities, are designed to get you into the store so retailers can try to sell you something more profitable. Decide ahead of time how much you want to spend, and resist impulse buying in the store, especially if you don’t know how good a deal you’re really getting.
7. Jen’s Must Shop Deals: These are some of my favorite deals this year that you need to check out.
- Target: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle with Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures, $189.99 (regular price $299.99); Nintendo 3DS XL, $149.99 (regular price $199).
- Walmart: Nintendo 2DS, $99.
- Apple: Up to $101 off Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. Only certain locations are opening on Thanksgiving Day.
- H&M: Styles starting at $2.95. They are cutting prices by 70%. I will be there for sure to stock up on kids clothes.
- Forever 21: They started their black Friday sale Monday. Everyday there is something new for example, Monday it was $10 off all their boots. You need to get on their email list asap. It’s a must!
- Target: iPad Air for $479, but it’ll be like paying $379 with the receipt of a $100 gift card with the purchase. iPad Mini or iPod Touch purchase comes with a $75 gift card.
- Walmart: First-generation iPad Mini for $299, but it’ll be like paying $199 with the receipt of a $100 gift card with the purchase. iPhone 5S or 5C purchase with two-year contract comes with a $75 gift card.
8. Check Local Saving Blogs: These blogs will have the best deals in your area. For our area here in Utah, I love fabulessly Frugal blog. They offer up to date deals and must haves all over town.
I will be posting a new deal each day that is a must save on my blog www.jenclydestylist.com. Subscribe so you can stay up to date with all your must haves for the season. Good luck and BE NICE TO EVERYONE!
Watch my tips on ABC4 here!
There is nothing to much to be written except that I just love my new elephant leggings. I am totally in the safari look right now. Anything that can be fashionable and comfy is a miracle to me who works all day long and runs after my crazy kids. They have so much going on that I need to sometimes be able to sit at a wet football field or a bench at dance class then run to the office. I don’t have time to change my outfits all day so this my friends is something I love. These leggings are comfy, stylish, and a trend right now that will swing me over into 2014. Rachel Zoe was just seen on the runway and said “she was inspired by safari prints and added a modern twist on top”. So grab your safari prints and feel like this is an investment since you can still rock them in 2014 as this last weeks in NYFW proved they are still going to be a hit. Enjoy and happy Monday!
Top Free People
Shoes: Forever 21
Leggings: Forever 21
Bows are all the craze! So I am super excited to tell everyone about this amazing bow that is featured in People Style Watch magazine coming out this Friday on news stands. You all know that these cute bows can been seen in many different styles, colors, and even popping up on bags. Bows are all the rage and you need one! Let me tell you about this one very cool bow from the brand Color By Amber. There are many companies with bows out there right now so, what makes their bow different from all the others? Color By Amber is not only hitting all the latest trends in their designs but now they are the only company making jewelry with more than just great style but a great story. Not only are they green but they work with Aid To Artisans who are able to find better health, education, and over all living. Their product is something different and not like anything else. It’s two layers of 40% recycled resin that sandwich unique elements from all over the world! In this bow that is featured her in People Magazine Style Watch, this comes from the collection Connections. Connections features delicate hand-cut flags sewn together in bold, rich color and contemporary patterning by tailors in NDEM, Senegal. A portion of the proceeds of this Full Circle product goes towards the women artisans who helped create these beautiful interlayer, which is all-around good. Get your bow necklace for all your holiday parties coming up and have something fab to wear and a story to share! Go see all 3 colors here online and buy up for all those holiday gift lists. These products make one of the best gifts around town. Shop Colorbyamber.com
Check out why people are feaking out about great style that starts the best table conversations at your next girlfriends lunch out. Watch here what you could be wearing…. what’s inside?
You know me I love to mix and match. A ton of people are not fans of this but I like to push the limits a bit. I feel like creativity is a must and if I look like what magazines are telling me to do I am board. I am a girly girl and a tom girl. This leaves me with a mix of personalities I must fullfill. LOL. Really though I think if it’s too soft then I am board and also the other way around. What inspires me? Free people and j.crew mixed up. If that makes sense. I love my cali kicked back roots but then I need to look like a prepster if needed. So here is my Mix it up look of the week. Enjoy. Try to mix something you feel can stand out and inspire. Follow me on my instgram under @jenstyles for more looks.
I love a pop of white after labor day. So I brought it in through my jewelry today on my favorite fashion moment. I love this pop on a bold back ground. My new favorite dress is all about the polkadots. Usually you think not after summer can you rock the polka dots? Well yes you can. DownEast Basics has this amazing long shirt dress that I just can’t get enough of. Paired with Mindy Mae’s Market white bold necklace I just love. They have so many to offer you will just fall in love with their site. Here is a peek of how I styled my fab new dress from DownEast mixed with Mindy Mae’s Market statement necklace. Happy Monday. Make your fashion moment a fab one.
Dress: DownEast Basics
Necklace: Mindy Mae’s Market
Bracelets: Color by Amber
More Of Mindy Mae’s Fab Finds
Dress: DownEast Outfitters
Statment Necklace: Mindy Mae’s Market
Ring: Color By Amber
Well that time has come! Your 30, you don’t want to hear it! I know I didn’t. That being said I feel so much more gathered and put than I ever have in my 20s. At 30 you feel more established. You have more direction. So in your wardrobe it’s time to freshen up the class a bit! I want to touch on a few thoughts and rules for dressing in your 30s.
1. Start to invest in The Classics: You are more established now. Your out of college. Your starting your careers or families now. So it’s time to invest in a little bit more of yourself and look a bit more polished and put together. So find that look that has a clean slate but you can add some crazy color or patterns to those pumps. So get some blazers that you can take your 20′s favorite T-shirt and still wear but class it up a bit with one of your blazers. Classic black dress instead of that one that was your favorite college dress. A bit more tailored or structured to show experience and you classic beauty.
2. Simple Jeans: You’re a bit older now you can afford those more expensive jeans that hold you in like a lady. Choose a bit more comfort to fit your lifestyle. A more confidant and mature style instead of those big stitching ones that match your 10 year olds. If you love them that’s ok but maybe don’t wear a tight T-shirt with stones and princess crowns all over it to match totally with your 10 year old top and bottom. Really stand out for being a beautiful and sexy mother or working woman or both with your own twist of style that is more mature and that fits who you are. If you do pick a crazy jean than that’s fine balance it out with a classic black T-shirt and blazer or sweater on top that fits and looks like a lady.
3. Say Goodbye to Mid drifts and mini Skirts: Yes I know what some are going to say! “Jen I work out everyday and I want to show off what hard work looks like after having children”! Yes, I know. I get it. I have given birth to 5 children I know! Here is the deal. Save it for the pool and gym. I don’t need to see you walking around with your whole tummy hanging out to respect how hard you work out. In fact I am going to think you are more beautiful dressed in some classic T-shirt and jeans and funky pair of Oxford’s like a cute Jennifer Aniston than seeing you whole body hanging out like your 21! Woman that are 21 look hot and that’s what they are looking for me to say at that age. I say you need to be looking for ” I look beautiful, smart, confidant, and sexy. So no tummy rings showing please! Modesty is your friend!
SIDE NOTE: SHOW LESS BELLY AND MORE LEG IT’S JUST CLASSY
So look your age but still look cool, innovative, modern, and fresh! Add patterns and colors in a J. Crew classic feel and not a Brittney spears way! No offensive. She’s cute but time to cover up a bit more and start investing more time and money in what you are wearing. Invest in those classic pieces and find that inner confidence.
Thanks to the Daily Dish for having me on their TV show as a Fashion Expert. I will be posting a link to that show and photos after it airs today! Stay Tuned…….
Photo curtsey of coasttocoastchallenge.com
It’s hot in here and I am excited to take SOME clothes off. Not all! Lol. So I thought why not do a show on ABC4 today about fun essentials pieces that I get to just throw on and go. I love to wear those summer little dresses with some fun sandals and I love to grab my big beach bag and just go! I also love a little sporty to my summer looks because I feel like you really get a bit sporty in the summer time. You have to look like a beach babe but that kick butt at volleyball if asked to play…(if you get what I mean)! So grab some of my must haves for summer and have fun and travel safe in the sun in style.
1. Little dress: To cover up the swimsuit or to just throw on for an evening dinner with your hubby. This is a effortless look you want to wear all around town. Dress it up with wedges or go preppy with some flats. Either way I love and must have many little t-shirt dresses. Stripes or plain are all good just make sure it’s cotton and easy.
Photo curiosity of coasttocoastchallenge.com
2. Flow away pants: It’s summer time. Grab your best hippy flowy pants or your flare jeans because now is the time to rock these. At a summer night concert with your favorite t-shirt or just a blouse either way it’s like a Drew Barrymore moment you don’t want to miss at summer time.
photo curiosity of sweetvintages.com
3. The OverAlls: Yes I said it! Something you can rock with a tank top to bring back those good old 90s that you know and love. I love it with some basic flip flops or some wedge sneakers to add some funk. Either way yes they are back and yes they are comfy! Rock em.
Overalls on the discount rack at Downeast Basics. But Brand of overalls is American Eagle
4. Over Sized Sunnies: Don’t leave home without them. Your wrinkles will thank you later in life. And your sun spots will go far away. So grab some chicness and some shades and rock them like no other. I love mine at the baseball games I have to sit at all summer long with two sons in travel leagues and this is so I don’t have to cake on as much sunscreen because now the sunglasses cover half of my face. So go big or go home in that case! Telling all sports mamas the bigger the better in sunglasses style.
My show will be posted later today. Stay tuned and thanks for subscribing to my blog and following me on jenstyles on instagram.
Hello everyone….well I am back on TV after taking some much-needed time off! So here it is my most favorite show…..Spring Acessories. You all know that I feel that you can define an outfit with just with accessory. They are your wow factor and if you don’t love accessories well…you need to start. Really puts a personal stamp of style on each of your outfits. And now is the best time to play around with new items to wear for spring because of the colors. Right now there are must haves and this is what I know you should own for spring.
Clear Trend: Clear is something that is like the white T shirt of your closet. It’s a must and can make any outfit a master piece with it’s chic touch of water it gives to any hot spring outfit.
These fun funky necklace that say Love, Hope, Luck can be worn with anything and compliment any fun bathing suit (waterproof) and maxi dress for some fun summer nights. Make a Splash in this water inspired necklace! Buy It
Watch It: Watches are making a come back! How?? Well by customizing it to your own personal style. These watches by Lyke watches are like nothing else! I feel in love with these when I found out I can get it in any color I want and I can mix and match every part of it. You all know I am a fan of making things my own and so I feel head over heels with these watches! Right now they need your vote to push them into the mainstream market. They need your help to raise money so go help them out today! So go check them out and design and order you summer watch that has so many options you may get lost in a creative moment for an hour! Have fun shop here! Mix and match these with your bracelets and arm candy.
Mix and match up your summer spring watch with your fun bracelets and cuffs to make it a part of your arm party! Thanks and good luck Lyke watches! Everyone go help them kick it up to the next level with their brand and support cool products like these for us fashion mavens that love to make things our own. Click here to support!
Vintage inspired Sunglasses: My most fave trend ever the 1990′s inspired sunglasses. I feel like these semi round glasses are making a big splash on the trend this spring. They come in many colors and you know I am a collector of sunglasses and because I have many children I don’t spend a ton on sunglasses so I go for the forever 21 fun colored sunglasses. Love these and to update your look easy and fast you can always get some new glasses for that pretty face of yours.
These clear sunglasses are the ones I featured on my ABC4 fashion segment today. They are a must love these and comes in three different colors. Buy here!
And of course my other go to vintage love the big big perfect round black thick frames from the old times! Love them and must have for all those with vintage bathing suits you will be rocking this summer! Buy here!
Spike love: layer the bracelets up with some spike love! They have them on your wrist, on your shoes, on your bags! basically spikes are this seasons must have on any accessory you want to rock. If you have a little hard mixed in with your pretty pearls you know you are a true style master. So try it you will be surprised on how much you may fall in love.
Even this studded light sweater I love! Studs are a must have and it comes in all forms for spring so shop away. Buy this here!
Neon belts: Neon belts are so perfect for spring. They are so fun and bright and are great for those who don’t like a ton of color all over but just a bit of a pop. Wear a fun skinny belt from Downeast. They have so many to choose from with such a great price. Must have for spring. Even wear two at the same time and make it your own.
Sock Trends: Socks have never been so in style ever! They have made a come back in a major way! I love to show my socks off! One of my most fave sock brands is Stance Socks! They are my best friends with my feet. Socks are supposed to be rocked on many levels but one new trend for spring is the sock sandal trend! Never thought I would say that again…but it just happened. So if you feel free and adventurous try these new looks out for a try!
Spring Scarfs: Pull out the light weight scarves and have some fun adding the latest new spring colors and patterns in such a fun chic way. Have fun tieing it up around your neck, using it for a swimsuit coverup, and as a head scarf as you hike or go boating. Scarves are a must have! You need to get creative with your scarves and really let yourself not get stuck in a dark bland color. Go bold with your scarf because that is what you should be styling around. Love these ones for spring time!
My go to spring scarf is polka dots just adds so much fun to your spring outfit. Love this one from Downeast Basics. Buy here!
Turq. is my fave all summer long:
Turq and pinks were all the rage on my show today. Love this necklace from SiraMara.com
Ok everyone that should wrap up some of my must have spring finds. You know I love it to get warmer….so now if I could get the snow to melt these items would just be key pieces in my wardrobe. When you want to stay on trend it’s easy and less expensive to save on buying some fun accessories each season to update your wardrobe. Happy shopping.