On Monday’s I will start showcasing my most favorite products I have had the pleasure to style. Everyone who has been a long time follower of mine for the past 10 years that I have been a stylist knows that I am addicted to T shirts and Jeans. I have owned my own store and been a buyer for years so I have gotten to know a ton of designers and brands. My t shirt drawer is a little out of control but I feel like you can wear a t shirt anywhere you go even to church or a formal night out. It’s all how you style it up. Today I styled out my fave #DirtyRich t shirt from The Laundry Room. Check out some of the looks. You can catch all their style and shop the looks from their instagram @tlroom and online www.tlroom.com. My most favorite featured look is the Wifey shirt. I love being a wifey to my cute hubby so I just love that tee. Happy week everyone. Go shopping!!
All posts tagged jen clyde stylist
Enjoy food, family, and fashion this year at your Thanksgiving Dinner.
Thanksgiving is the time to spend with family and friends over a huge day of eating. The first thing people think about is food, the second is what will I wear? You want to feel comfy but yet stylish and cute for those new in-laws you are about to meet, or really any family member. I always say the most important thing is what you wear up top. Why? Because most likely you will be sitting at the table waist up is all people will see most of the day. Here are my top 3 tips for choosing your outfit this Thanksgiving.
1. Keep it comfy: This is what matters the most. Super stylish and comfy. I always wear my go to leggings and oversized sweater or shirt with a cute scarf. This way your waist band can expand but you don’t need to undo your button. The best type of leggings are the Lysse leggings. They have a belly control top so not only will you be comfy but this control top with help with the appearance of that over loaded turkey tummy. These are your must have purchase for the season. They fit better than any other leggings I own.
2. Dress it up: This Thankgiving your going to meet someone special that you want to look your very best. Maybe it’s the new love of your life, parents or friends and you want to look chic but be able to sit on the floor for a great game of cards. I love the look of a cute trouser pant, super comfortable and yet that dressed up feel. Everyone will think you look great but can still play toss the football.
3. Highlight Accessories: This is perfect for the girl who is going for that everyday casual look but still looks dressed up. I love this paired with some flats and a cute denim shirt. You still want that cozy feel about your outfit and really over load of the accessories. This is great to layer the rings and necklaces. The eyes will be more up top so go with a cute hair do and some fab earrings. You want it to highlight your face.
Watch my live segment on ABC4 today here!
Outfit from Left to Right: Maxi Skirt, H&M/ Denim Shirt, Current Elliot/Boots, Jeffery Campbell/Necklace, Colorbyamber.com
Black Dress Shirt Dress, Forever21/Leggings, Fresh Karma boutique/Brown Belt, Vintage/Necklace, Forever21/Black Buckle Boots, Target/Stripe Sweater,Warehouse.com/Tights,JCP/Black Boots, H&M/Necklace, colorbyamber.com/Coral Pink Top, Fresh Karma Boutique/Scarf, Downeast/Earrings, colorbyamber.com
Have a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing this post! Hugs.
I am so thrilled to be working with LOFT. Come join me this week November 6th 2013,at their brand new store opening up in Farmington Utah at the Grand Station shopping plaza. I will be there from 5-8pm to answer all your style questions and help you pick out a holiday outfit that will knock all your friends socks off. Best part? LOFT is giving all of you a chance to win a head-to-toe new look, including a $250 LOFT shopping spree and a styling session with me. I will be on hand as the event host to style guests in the latest fashions from LOFT.
Go shop their website for a peek of all their fab collections. Click here!
See our live fashion segment today on ABC4 Here!
All Things Pumpkin:
From Clothing To Beauty Products
It’s that time again where everything feels more crisp and cool in the air and this is where retail goes Pumpkin crazy, with lotions to all the rich pumpkin colors to wear all month long. So what products should you wear? How do you pair and wear these pumpkin colors so you can look fab? Here are some ways where you can sport your pumpkin and spice.
- Archipelago Botanicals: I love the pumpkin spice in the air when it turns OCT., I don’t like to eat anything pumpkin but I love it roaming in the air. Archipelago has the Harvest Collection that really makes the difference to get you in the mood of the holidays. Their essential oils, candles, and beauty products really help push you into the mood to get spicy.
- Jamberry Nails: Nail fashion is all the rage right now. They are a easy way to get the pumpkin look without really committing to a full outfit. I love nail color in the fall time because you can really get creative right now. Jamberry nails really are on trend with their amazing pumpkin fall nail sets. These are easy on and not messy at all. They come with this great system to apply and remove. This way you can change your nail style out more often and be more creative during this holiday season. With so many styles and patterns to choose from it has to be a easy switch out system. Great way to spend less and get the look you need.
- Pumpkin wardrobe? This color is so scary to wear for many because of our skin tones next to a more strong color. So how can you break this up? What colors must you wear with it so you don’t look like a pumpkin mess? Well there are two colors I just love to balance out this color. I love dark blues, olives, and denim. These colors will help pull together a nice outfit and a great balance so you are stylish in pumpkin.
- Striped Coat From Oasis Clothing online Shop here!
Left: Coat: Oasis
Right: Shoes: H&M
- Color By Amber: If you’re the type of person that says No Way To holiday wear, then bring your pumpkin & spice in with your accessories. This again is a easy way to bring in those colors without having to commit to a full outfit. I love it because it saves you money and makes any boring outfit feel festive and fresh for the season.
For a little spice in your life grab some of these fun, inexpensive ways to get the look you want
Check out my show on ABC4 today here!
The time has come. It’s fall! This means your fall fashion guide is key to staying warm and stylish. Where do you find some great finds and some great prices that can help kick you off into this fall season? I have put together some of my top favorite trends you must hit while on the road to building the best fall wardrobe.
Buckle Boot: New kicks make everything better. This is something that can really give a punch to any fall outfit. Something easy to wear, great on your feet, and really can take a boring outfit into something that is fun and warm. These are bringing back the nod to 1990’s in a major way.
Plaid: Grunge gets even bigger this season. I love this trend. It sends me back to my Pearl Jam days but fresher. I love how they are used on the runways – head to toe plaid. Gives such a big impact with great classic touches. This is simple to wear and adds an easy go to pattern. Plaid is easy to shop for. Add some spike jewelry with it and you can get your grunge on this season.
Fur Vest: Oversized is my most favorite trend ever! I love to be comfy. I love to cover myself. I feel warm, comfy, and modest all at the same time, which makes me more of a happy woman. A happy woman can do great things. That means all of you! Go big and go comfy. I loved all the vests I saw on the runway this fall. Vest is a great transition piece into winter without being so covered. So go comfy and furry with a great vest from jbellashop.com
Slouchy Pants: In solid colors or graphic prints, this roomy silhouette is effortlessly stylish. I love this in a structured blazer. Even saw Kate moss rock it with a Moto jacket. Either way this pant trend can be dressed up for work or dressed down for a weekend of effortless style. This is one of my most favorite trends out there.
Must have colors: Cobalt blue, emerald green
The light sweater: A must for fall because it’s just perfect without being to much weight to make ya sweat. Couldnt be better. I love this one from Jbellashop.com
Fall is one of the most amazing times to add some fun classics into your closet. Jeans are always a must and some great sweaters. So while shopping for those basics pick some of these must have trends to add a punch of style into your wardrobe.
To see all the looks from my ABC4 Good Things Utah Show today it will be posted around 1pm. Thanks!
Calling all fashion lovers, it’s time to pull out the 4th style. Here is my big thing about this day. I hate over the top crazy grandma style when your jello matches your sweater, just not my type of tea. What I love is when you take your style you already love and just switch up your color pallet. Not over the top. Just a fun all american preppy feel that can take you to that BBQ, Night out with friends, and or to your family lake house. So here are some fun ideas to get you all prepped out for your 4ht of July StyleHouse Event.
BackYard Party: Love this! More of what my style is all about. More of that fun baseball game with the family and than sitting around with friends and roasting marshmallows. This is my type of 4th, relaxed but ready to sit on the grass to watch fireworks. Cute and chic ready.
City ready: I love this because you can wear to work or out to a fun lunch date with your girls! Looking ready for the day but in a chic way that is not over the top! Love a yummy skirt with a blouse or even a fun t shirt and blazer to dress it up a bit. It’s like you meant to do it but not in a too over the top way. Fourth Chic all the way around town.
Lake House: This just screams J. Crew to me. I feel like I am a total prep-ster in my t shirt dress and some cute sandals or tennis shoes. I love this look. Reminds me of a good game of tennis and then out on the dock to watch fireworks over the lake. Big sunglasses and a fun t shirt dress can go either way dress it up, or dress it down. Either way your looking amazing for the fun night. Stripes say it all.
Seaside Moment: I love this because you can get all fancy for that hot party on the beach and sparkle a bit more than usual. Again this look is classic and clean and not like something you found in your mums closet. I love this because really it’s a all american look and reminds me of a east coast preppy look. So cute. Always finds ways to add in the colors, navy, white, cream, gold, and or silver.
Ok everyone have a blast and remember to drive safe and watch for bikers this holiday season!! One more thing you can always add in reds, blue, stars, and white in your accessories if you can’t afford a whole new outfit. Don’t break the bank . Have a safe 4th.
Photos and the my ABC4 show on good things Utah will be posted here later after it aires. Thanks for watching my fashion segment on tues. on ABC4. Watch full show here on Abc4
Left To Right:
Red and white stripe top: Forever 21
Navy and white wide leg: Forever 21
Red T shirt: Wildfox couture
Jean Shorts: Privcy Jeans
Stripe Shoes: Forever 21
Stripe Tunic dress: Forever 21
Gold Sandals: Fresh Karma Boutique
Gold Belt: Downeast Basics
Red pencil Skirt: Downeast Basic
Blk and white flag t shirt: Forever 21
Stripe Blazer: H&M
Teal Shoes: Steve Madden
Photo curtsey of coasttocoastchallenge.com
It’s hot in here and I am excited to take SOME clothes off. Not all! Lol. So I thought why not do a show on ABC4 today about fun essentials pieces that I get to just throw on and go. I love to wear those summer little dresses with some fun sandals and I love to grab my big beach bag and just go! I also love a little sporty to my summer looks because I feel like you really get a bit sporty in the summer time. You have to look like a beach babe but that kick butt at volleyball if asked to play…(if you get what I mean)! So grab some of my must haves for summer and have fun and travel safe in the sun in style.
1. Little dress: To cover up the swimsuit or to just throw on for an evening dinner with your hubby. This is a effortless look you want to wear all around town. Dress it up with wedges or go preppy with some flats. Either way I love and must have many little t-shirt dresses. Stripes or plain are all good just make sure it’s cotton and easy.
Photo curiosity of coasttocoastchallenge.com
2. Flow away pants: It’s summer time. Grab your best hippy flowy pants or your flare jeans because now is the time to rock these. At a summer night concert with your favorite t-shirt or just a blouse either way it’s like a Drew Barrymore moment you don’t want to miss at summer time.
photo curiosity of sweetvintages.com
3. The OverAlls: Yes I said it! Something you can rock with a tank top to bring back those good old 90s that you know and love. I love it with some basic flip flops or some wedge sneakers to add some funk. Either way yes they are back and yes they are comfy! Rock em.
Overalls on the discount rack at Downeast Basics. But Brand of overalls is American Eagle
4. Over Sized Sunnies: Don’t leave home without them. Your wrinkles will thank you later in life. And your sun spots will go far away. So grab some chicness and some shades and rock them like no other. I love mine at the baseball games I have to sit at all summer long with two sons in travel leagues and this is so I don’t have to cake on as much sunscreen because now the sunglasses cover half of my face. So go big or go home in that case! Telling all sports mamas the bigger the better in sunglasses style.
My show will be posted later today. Stay tuned and thanks for subscribing to my blog and following me on jenstyles on instagram.
On a Budget? But need a little spring trend boost in your drab winter closet? Well here is the deal. You all know I am a big shopper, but that being said I never spend a lot of money at once! No, No! I wait and I buy little at a time just more consistent. So this spring I know we all are pinching our penny’s with the economy so I wanted to come to the rescue and say, “You got this!” It’s time to pinch those penny’s because you can spice up any wardrobe with these fresh key pieces for spring. Changes the whole look of an outfit.
1. Bring Blazers and Cardigans: Wear with anything. Boring T-shirt, dress, or jeans. What ever it is you just took something old and made it look fresh and new.
Click photo to buy
2. Bright Spring Shoes: Ok enough said when it comes to the new shoes. Honestly you could be wearing a shirt you wear everyday, but because you have new shoes on well….it’s like you’re a spring masterpiece. Get some great shoes at TJ Maxx or Nordstorm Rack! Changes everything.
Click on photo to buy
3. Fun Different Accessories: I love to say to get some great new sunglasses to change the way you look on your face. That’s a statement. Also some fun new belts that only cost like 3-5 dollars each. Hair bands? Clips? Necklaces of course change the whole look of your outfit and even make up. Fresh it up with a new lip!
Click on photo to buy
These are all great ways to not break the bank this summer and spend more money on fun outings with family and friends to create moments that last longer than a pair of jeans. Enjoy and save ladies and men.
To watch my TV fashion segment live click here!
New Year/ New Closet Check list:
It’s a new year and I know we all reflect on our closets and ourselves. What we want to add to our wardrobe this year? More Color? Or less? Well as a personal shopper and Stylist I do a bunch of wardrobe analyst and I give them this exact list. It’s almost like when you build a home you need a firm foundation then you add all the fun stuff? Well this is how I see a successful wardrobe. Build from the foundation (classics) then you get to add all the fun stuff (trends). So hopefully this list can get you started on building a wardrobe of your dreams that will help you save money.
Little Black Dress
Flower print Spring Dress
2 pairs of regular jeans
blk pencil skirt
Printed pencil skirt
Blk skinnys jeggings
3 colorful cardigans
3 casual t shirts
1 white/blk/nude basic tees
3 printed blouses
1 white/navy collard button up
1 denim button up/flannel
1 gold necklace
3 or more printed colorful scarves
colorful opaque tights
1 colorful purse/blk purse
3 colorful skinny belts
1 blk wide belt/white belt
2 baseball caps
1 one piece swimwear
1 two piece swimwear
2 colorful necklaces
Ok everyone so go out strong this year and even though the fun stuff is great too make sure you understand you can’t build on the trendy stuff alone. Good luck and like always ask me questions if needed.