On Monday’s I will start showcasing my most favorite products I have had the pleasure to style. Everyone who has been a long time follower of mine for the past 10 years that I have been a stylist knows that I am addicted to T shirts and Jeans. I have owned my own store and been a buyer for years so I have gotten to know a ton of designers and brands. My t shirt drawer is a little out of control but I feel like you can wear a t shirt anywhere you go even to church or a formal night out. It’s all how you style it up. Today I styled out my fave #DirtyRich t shirt from The Laundry Room. Check out some of the looks. You can catch all their style and shop the looks from their instagram @tlroom and online www.tlroom.com. My most favorite featured look is the Wifey shirt. I love being a wifey to my cute hubby so I just love that tee. Happy week everyone. Go shopping!!
All posts tagged fashion
Today for Sunday Style is was snowing in the Spring time which is soooooo not my favorite. So I threw on a warm oversized hat of course and a dark dress with a bright pop of orange. Details are below. Today I wanted to share some thoughts in honor of Sunday Style and the woman’s conference. I don’t usually share a thought it’s usually only about fashion but today I feel very inspired to share some of the my most #inspiredby thoughts of #womensconference below. As you know I have MIA lately and this is because I have lost some very dear friends to me and my family. My best friend hubby and my husbands best friend Bryan Byrge lost is life in a tragic accident riding his bike to work with another dear friend of ours who lives down the street John Coons. They were training for a race with my hubby that they were all suppose to do together and leave this weekend for. So they were riding their bike to work and were struck by a truck who didn’t even stop and hit them full force head on. They were both some of the most amazing men I know. Bryan being my next door neighbor was more than just a guy who lived next door. He was my kids 2nd dad and picked up carpool each day for my family. There has not been a christmas, summer, new years eve, and a halloween without him in our lives. We traveled together as families and spent family nights together. All the teens just loved him and Jhon. They were in our church as youth and scout leaders. They made everyone laugh so hard. I have never lost anyone close to me like them before. My heart aches for his 4 children and John’s 3 children. I want to take all their pain away each day. I know I can’t so this sometimes leaves me helpless and feeling alone. I know this is not what I am suppose to feel so I have to kick myself in the butt and just go be happy and smile around them and keep living. I know this is what both of them would have wanted. My best friend Katie is hurting and I just want to fix it for her, so I try to just be next to her at all times. I love her. She is my person. She has always been there for me so I will do everything in my power to be there for her as much as I can. I know life is short but it never makes sense until it happens right in front of you and breaks your heart into a million pieces. So today has been hard for me to pick myself up and move to the next day but I know as much as I pray to know what to do to help my best friend and her family that is what I will do, pray and pray every hour if I need to so I can understand why and how to help her and her cute family. So here is what has inspired me to take more steps today from listening to Women’s Conference.
1. “The word perfect comes from a greek wordages and means complete”- If you look at not being perfect but yet complete it’s much more softer and doable. I want to keep going and moving when I think of this.
2. “We may not want to include certain chapters in our book of life, but we just have to keep going and wait and see how our story turns out”- Once again everyday build up testimony around faith. One of the most hard things to do in life is to have faith and I work on this each day and now I am waiting for the next chapter and trying to prepare myself each day so I can make it through whatever is to come.
3. I was inspired by the most beautiful songs that the 8 year old girls stood up to sing “I am a child of god” with no music behind them just pure beauty. I had chills all over my body. NOW BACK TO JUST SOME FUN FASHION:
Dress: DownEast Basics
Boots: Target (recent)
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: Color By Amber
Lips: Sephora-Kat K.
Today I was all about simple, no color except my pop of color coming right from my socks! Yes that’s right stance socks. My most favorite company out there right now. Sometimes I can be off the wall but today it was all about the non color with only a touch of a bit of color and style with some Stance Socks. After a long day at work I couldn’t wait to get home and snuggle with my babies. Hope you are doing the same. Happy weekend everyone.
Top: Anthro (sale rack)
Cardigan: DownEast Outfitter discount rack
Pants: Forever 21 (recent)
Boots: Target (recent)
Necklace: Vintage (my grandmas)
Since I have become such a busy speaker, stylists, and blogger for other companies I have neglected my own personal blog and really just have been busy on instagram. Sometimes I really wish instagram could just be connected to my blog since it’s quick and easy for me to post a pic a day without going into great detail. So I am going to start getting really into my blog again and show you all what amazing products are out there for you to wear from these amazing companies I have all lined up. Thanks for all your follows and being a part of my daily life. I heart you more than you know. Don’t forget to follow me on instagram @jenstyles and on my facebook under jenclydestylist fan page. Hope you can be inspired a little a day by something I do and I hope you can inspire me as well.
Jeans: Ditto Jeans
Boots: Jeffery Campbell
T shirt: CAKE Brand
Necklace: Color By Amber.com
Totally into spikes right now. All from eco brand Color By Amber
Who is going to win? I am doing a fab giveaway with the company Color By Amber. This company is unique and is like nothing I have ever seen before. It’s great to have your jewelry wardrobe full with some of these fab pieces. They have many collections to choose from and all incase some elements from around the world between two layers of eco resin. So not only are you saving the earth and giving back to those around the world…. but you have big style at the same time. So get in on this new jewelry line and win $100 dollars cash. So I joined forces with some of my fave fashion bloggers to go a huge giveaway and I am loving this bow for holidays. Enjoy and share with friends so you can win some much needed $100 in product cash. Who wouldn’t want one of these pieces for a gift.
Bow Necklace: Color By Amber
Jeans: Rich and skinny
Hat: Urban Outfitters
There is nothing to much to be written except that I just love my new elephant leggings. I am totally in the safari look right now. Anything that can be fashionable and comfy is a miracle to me who works all day long and runs after my crazy kids. They have so much going on that I need to sometimes be able to sit at a wet football field or a bench at dance class then run to the office. I don’t have time to change my outfits all day so this my friends is something I love. These leggings are comfy, stylish, and a trend right now that will swing me over into 2014. Rachel Zoe was just seen on the runway and said “she was inspired by safari prints and added a modern twist on top”. So grab your safari prints and feel like this is an investment since you can still rock them in 2014 as this last weeks in NYFW proved they are still going to be a hit. Enjoy and happy Monday!
Top Free People
Shoes: Forever 21
Leggings: Forever 21
You know me I love to mix and match. A ton of people are not fans of this but I like to push the limits a bit. I feel like creativity is a must and if I look like what magazines are telling me to do I am board. I am a girly girl and a tom girl. This leaves me with a mix of personalities I must fullfill. LOL. Really though I think if it’s too soft then I am board and also the other way around. What inspires me? Free people and j.crew mixed up. If that makes sense. I love my cali kicked back roots but then I need to look like a prepster if needed. So here is my Mix it up look of the week. Enjoy. Try to mix something you feel can stand out and inspire. Follow me on my instgram under @jenstyles for more looks.
Well that time has come! Your 30, you don’t want to hear it! I know I didn’t. That being said I feel so much more gathered and put than I ever have in my 20s. At 30 you feel more established. You have more direction. So in your wardrobe it’s time to freshen up the class a bit! I want to touch on a few thoughts and rules for dressing in your 30s.
1. Start to invest in The Classics: You are more established now. Your out of college. Your starting your careers or families now. So it’s time to invest in a little bit more of yourself and look a bit more polished and put together. So find that look that has a clean slate but you can add some crazy color or patterns to those pumps. So get some blazers that you can take your 20′s favorite T-shirt and still wear but class it up a bit with one of your blazers. Classic black dress instead of that one that was your favorite college dress. A bit more tailored or structured to show experience and you classic beauty.
2. Simple Jeans: You’re a bit older now you can afford those more expensive jeans that hold you in like a lady. Choose a bit more comfort to fit your lifestyle. A more confidant and mature style instead of those big stitching ones that match your 10 year olds. If you love them that’s ok but maybe don’t wear a tight T-shirt with stones and princess crowns all over it to match totally with your 10 year old top and bottom. Really stand out for being a beautiful and sexy mother or working woman or both with your own twist of style that is more mature and that fits who you are. If you do pick a crazy jean than that’s fine balance it out with a classic black T-shirt and blazer or sweater on top that fits and looks like a lady.
3. Say Goodbye to Mid drifts and mini Skirts: Yes I know what some are going to say! “Jen I work out everyday and I want to show off what hard work looks like after having children”! Yes, I know. I get it. I have given birth to 5 children I know! Here is the deal. Save it for the pool and gym. I don’t need to see you walking around with your whole tummy hanging out to respect how hard you work out. In fact I am going to think you are more beautiful dressed in some classic T-shirt and jeans and funky pair of Oxford’s like a cute Jennifer Aniston than seeing you whole body hanging out like your 21! Woman that are 21 look hot and that’s what they are looking for me to say at that age. I say you need to be looking for ” I look beautiful, smart, confidant, and sexy. So no tummy rings showing please! Modesty is your friend!
SIDE NOTE: SHOW LESS BELLY AND MORE LEG IT’S JUST CLASSY
So look your age but still look cool, innovative, modern, and fresh! Add patterns and colors in a J. Crew classic feel and not a Brittney spears way! No offensive. She’s cute but time to cover up a bit more and start investing more time and money in what you are wearing. Invest in those classic pieces and find that inner confidence.
Thanks to the Daily Dish for having me on their TV show as a Fashion Expert. I will be posting a link to that show and photos after it airs today! Stay Tuned…….