On Monday’s I will start showcasing my most favorite products I have had the pleasure to style. Everyone who has been a long time follower of mine for the past 10 years that I have been a stylist knows that I am addicted to T shirts and Jeans. I have owned my own store and been a buyer for years so I have gotten to know a ton of designers and brands. My t shirt drawer is a little out of control but I feel like you can wear a t shirt anywhere you go even to church or a formal night out. It’s all how you style it up. Today I styled out my fave #DirtyRich t shirt from The Laundry Room. Check out some of the looks. You can catch all their style and shop the looks from their instagram @tlroom and online www.tlroom.com. My most favorite featured look is the Wifey shirt. I love being a wifey to my cute hubby so I just love that tee. Happy week everyone. Go shopping!!
All posts in Segments
Today I was all about simple, no color except my pop of color coming right from my socks! Yes that’s right stance socks. My most favorite company out there right now. Sometimes I can be off the wall but today it was all about the non color with only a touch of a bit of color and style with some Stance Socks. After a long day at work I couldn’t wait to get home and snuggle with my babies. Hope you are doing the same. Happy weekend everyone.
Top: Anthro (sale rack)
Cardigan: DownEast Outfitter discount rack
Pants: Forever 21 (recent)
Boots: Target (recent)
Necklace: Vintage (my grandmas)
It’s that time again. My big gift guide 2013. I know that everyone has been so great to work with this year and I have looked long and hard at what my top gifts are this year. So let’s get right to it. What can you buy that special person on your list? Here are some fun ideas this holiday season.
1. Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler For Her: ($70 retails for $140)
This set includes 14 samples and a stylist beauty clutch. Choose your favorite, and then take the included scent certificate to any US Sephora Store to redeem for a full-size bottle of your favorite featured fragrance at no extra cost. Love this idea for a gift. Girls love options.
2. Sephora Collection Color Anthology: ($35)
Imagine, create and experiment with this easy-to-tote book of 70 eyeshadows offering a wide range of colors.
3. Formula X Twenty Two Nail Polish Set: ($55)
Delight in this 22- Piece set of mini nail lacquers featuring an array of classic creams, bright neons and stunning chrome shades as well as four transforming graffiti top coats that can be interchanged to create over 100 looks. The limitless options make for the perfect holiday gift for an nail connoisseur.
4. Sephora Collection Prestige Luxe Brush Set: ($125)
This deluxe set of twelve must-have Sephora brushes includes everything you need to create a flawless face. Natural and synthetic bristled- brushes are accented with black and gold handles and featured in a chic cracked affect pouch that is easy to transport.
5. Marc Jacobs Beauty LOVEMARC Lip Gel In Show Stopper: ($30)
Marc redefines the color red with the creation of showstopper, subtly scented with vanilla, this standout shade makes it’s Marc with a bold fully saturated look and a sleek shine finish.
6. Marc Jabobs Beauty LIGHTSHOW Powder In Close up: ($59)
This luxurious, limited edition luminizing powder offers a subtle bronzing effect with a blend of four luminous shades in one compact.
7. Agnes & Dora leggings for women and girls.
These are the most trendy leggings with so many different styles to choose from you are sure to find something that your person on your list will just love. The fit is great and the color is even more vibrant in person. These one’s retail for $21.95. Not Bad at all. You can buy online or earn some for free by hosting your own legging party at your home. Every 10 sold you get one for free. With this kind of pricing you are sure you will sale well over 10. Check them out online for all their many styles. These make the perfect gift.
These are the best fitting jean that anyone from your teen to a mom who wants a nice lift on her bum. These hold you in and give you plenty of breathing room because of their amazing stretch. I really do love this brand and all the different options it offers me. A must for anyone this season.
9. Olivia and Joy bags: These bags are the perfect price which are below $100. They look amazing and chic and I love how clean and classic they are. It’s every girls best bag to have.
11. Koolaburra Moccasins: Everyone women would love these for their comfort and style mixed into a fab wedge. Gives you that height and that style anyone will want to wear all winter long. Must have on all your wish lists this season.
12. Color By Amber.com jewelry with a story. Each piece is special and is incased in two layers of eco resin. What is inside? It’s all different and some have a great full circle story from women artisans around the world. The best gifts have a story involved and this is why these are very fun to give. The love necklace Will be available to buy on Dec. 18th. But today is the last day to buy everything else online with a guarantee shipping before christmas. So hop on over and check out their collections.
I hope you have a wonderful christmas and safe shopping days ahead. I love this time of season because it gives me the chance to be with my family and really enjoy them. Make sure you reach out to those in your life that don’t have many family and friends around this time of year and invite them into your homes. Service is something I truly believe in and for sure know it makes me feel loved more than anything. Happy Holidays.
To Watch my live ABC4 segment on these fab gifts today please click here.
Black Friday shopping tips are a must for this season mad house seasonal shopping. Are you prepared? Let me help you.
It’s that time again! The shopping season madness. As a personal shopper, shopping is now a job and I have a plan. To make the most out of your shopping list you want to be prepared so you can get the best deals, and save the most money. Make this something of giving back and being nice, not stress and having no Christmas Spirit. Get relaxed and get a plan. I am here to help! Check out my top tips for shopping black Friday deals and finish with a smile on your face.
1. Be prepared. This means studying the ads before Black Friday. By now, many of the major retailers have released their Black Friday in-store specials, so check one of the comprehensive Black Friday-focused websites such as bfads.net, blackfriday.info, theblackfriday.com, and gottadeal.com to see whether you’re getting the best deal. Some sites let you filter your searches by product categories, such as TVs.
Dress in layers. While it’s freezing cold outside, the stores are toasty warm. I wear my long sleeve thermal and comfy jeans with my trusty flat boots. I bring a light jacket that is great for standing out in lines and easy to stuff in my purse when I am running around shopping. Leave the big coat at home!
2. Shop online first. Why leave the family and your comfy couch if you don’t really have to? Before you brave the crowds at the stores, check to see if the retailer is offering the same—or even better—deals on its website. In past years, some of the biggest retailers have offered online sales during Black Friday week that have included many of the same items offered as part of their in-store Black Friday events and often combined with low- or no-cost shipping deals. And some retailers will offer online exclusives you couldn’t get even by walking into one of their retail locations. . The stores I shop the most are Amazon, Zappos, and 6pm.com. Amazon is having a week long “black friday event”. You can start today!
3. Sign up for e-mail alerts. Many retailers now use e-mail alerts to encourage store loyalty and frequent shopping. Sign up for alerts that will let you know about upcoming promotions and to receive coupons or discounts.
4. Get Social: Use social media to find out about deals as well by following stores on Twitter and Facebook. You can receive extra deals from the stores. You can also track on Twitter if deals are worth it or if sale items are sold out throughout Brown Thursday/Black Friday.
5. Get The App. Before you head out to the store, make sure your smart phone or Iphone is charged and loaded with a few key comparison-shopping apps (such as ShopSavvy, ShopKick, and RedLaser, and I love new target app cartwheel) that will let you see special deals and compare prices while you’re in the store. Many include a bar-code scanner that lets you scan and compare prices, plus a QR-code reader that can sometimes get you coupon codes or special deals.
If you see that an item is cheaper at a nearby store, try showing that price on your phone to a store manager and see if he or she will match that deal. Also consider the Black Friday App, from dealnews.com, for up-to-date Black Friday info, and try Evernote or List Weaver if you need to make and take a shopping list with you to help you keep on track.
6. Create a budget: Many Black Friday sales, especially door buster specials that are typically available in limited quantities, are designed to get you into the store so retailers can try to sell you something more profitable. Decide ahead of time how much you want to spend, and resist impulse buying in the store, especially if you don’t know how good a deal you’re really getting.
7. Jen’s Must Shop Deals: These are some of my favorite deals this year that you need to check out.
- Target: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle with Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures, $189.99 (regular price $299.99); Nintendo 3DS XL, $149.99 (regular price $199).
- Walmart: Nintendo 2DS, $99.
- Apple: Up to $101 off Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. Only certain locations are opening on Thanksgiving Day.
- H&M: Styles starting at $2.95. They are cutting prices by 70%. I will be there for sure to stock up on kids clothes.
- Forever 21: They started their black Friday sale Monday. Everyday there is something new for example, Monday it was $10 off all their boots. You need to get on their email list asap. It’s a must!
- Target: iPad Air for $479, but it’ll be like paying $379 with the receipt of a $100 gift card with the purchase. iPad Mini or iPod Touch purchase comes with a $75 gift card.
- Walmart: First-generation iPad Mini for $299, but it’ll be like paying $199 with the receipt of a $100 gift card with the purchase. iPhone 5S or 5C purchase with two-year contract comes with a $75 gift card.
8. Check Local Saving Blogs: These blogs will have the best deals in your area. For our area here in Utah, I love fabulessly Frugal blog. They offer up to date deals and must haves all over town.
I will be posting a new deal each day that is a must save on my blog www.jenclydestylist.com. Subscribe so you can stay up to date with all your must haves for the season. Good luck and BE NICE TO EVERYONE!
Watch my tips on ABC4 here!
Enjoy food, family, and fashion this year at your Thanksgiving Dinner.
Thanksgiving is the time to spend with family and friends over a huge day of eating. The first thing people think about is food, the second is what will I wear? You want to feel comfy but yet stylish and cute for those new in-laws you are about to meet, or really any family member. I always say the most important thing is what you wear up top. Why? Because most likely you will be sitting at the table waist up is all people will see most of the day. Here are my top 3 tips for choosing your outfit this Thanksgiving.
1. Keep it comfy: This is what matters the most. Super stylish and comfy. I always wear my go to leggings and oversized sweater or shirt with a cute scarf. This way your waist band can expand but you don’t need to undo your button. The best type of leggings are the Lysse leggings. They have a belly control top so not only will you be comfy but this control top with help with the appearance of that over loaded turkey tummy. These are your must have purchase for the season. They fit better than any other leggings I own.
2. Dress it up: This Thankgiving your going to meet someone special that you want to look your very best. Maybe it’s the new love of your life, parents or friends and you want to look chic but be able to sit on the floor for a great game of cards. I love the look of a cute trouser pant, super comfortable and yet that dressed up feel. Everyone will think you look great but can still play toss the football.
3. Highlight Accessories: This is perfect for the girl who is going for that everyday casual look but still looks dressed up. I love this paired with some flats and a cute denim shirt. You still want that cozy feel about your outfit and really over load of the accessories. This is great to layer the rings and necklaces. The eyes will be more up top so go with a cute hair do and some fab earrings. You want it to highlight your face.
Watch my live segment on ABC4 today here!
Outfit from Left to Right: Maxi Skirt, H&M/ Denim Shirt, Current Elliot/Boots, Jeffery Campbell/Necklace, Colorbyamber.com
Black Dress Shirt Dress, Forever21/Leggings, Fresh Karma boutique/Brown Belt, Vintage/Necklace, Forever21/Black Buckle Boots, Target/Stripe Sweater,Warehouse.com/Tights,JCP/Black Boots, H&M/Necklace, colorbyamber.com/Coral Pink Top, Fresh Karma Boutique/Scarf, Downeast/Earrings, colorbyamber.com
Have a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing this post! Hugs.
I am so thrilled to be working with LOFT. Come join me this week November 6th 2013,at their brand new store opening up in Farmington Utah at the Grand Station shopping plaza. I will be there from 5-8pm to answer all your style questions and help you pick out a holiday outfit that will knock all your friends socks off. Best part? LOFT is giving all of you a chance to win a head-to-toe new look, including a $250 LOFT shopping spree and a styling session with me. I will be on hand as the event host to style guests in the latest fashions from LOFT.
Go shop their website for a peek of all their fab collections. Click here!
See our live fashion segment today on ABC4 Here!
All Things Pumpkin:
From Clothing To Beauty Products
It’s that time again where everything feels more crisp and cool in the air and this is where retail goes Pumpkin crazy, with lotions to all the rich pumpkin colors to wear all month long. So what products should you wear? How do you pair and wear these pumpkin colors so you can look fab? Here are some ways where you can sport your pumpkin and spice.
- Archipelago Botanicals: I love the pumpkin spice in the air when it turns OCT., I don’t like to eat anything pumpkin but I love it roaming in the air. Archipelago has the Harvest Collection that really makes the difference to get you in the mood of the holidays. Their essential oils, candles, and beauty products really help push you into the mood to get spicy.
- Jamberry Nails: Nail fashion is all the rage right now. They are a easy way to get the pumpkin look without really committing to a full outfit. I love nail color in the fall time because you can really get creative right now. Jamberry nails really are on trend with their amazing pumpkin fall nail sets. These are easy on and not messy at all. They come with this great system to apply and remove. This way you can change your nail style out more often and be more creative during this holiday season. With so many styles and patterns to choose from it has to be a easy switch out system. Great way to spend less and get the look you need.
- Pumpkin wardrobe? This color is so scary to wear for many because of our skin tones next to a more strong color. So how can you break this up? What colors must you wear with it so you don’t look like a pumpkin mess? Well there are two colors I just love to balance out this color. I love dark blues, olives, and denim. These colors will help pull together a nice outfit and a great balance so you are stylish in pumpkin.
- Striped Coat From Oasis Clothing online Shop here!
Left: Coat: Oasis
Right: Shoes: H&M
- Color By Amber: If you’re the type of person that says No Way To holiday wear, then bring your pumpkin & spice in with your accessories. This again is a easy way to bring in those colors without having to commit to a full outfit. I love it because it saves you money and makes any boring outfit feel festive and fresh for the season.
For a little spice in your life grab some of these fun, inexpensive ways to get the look you want
Check out my show on ABC4 today here!
The time has come. It’s fall! This means your fall fashion guide is key to staying warm and stylish. Where do you find some great finds and some great prices that can help kick you off into this fall season? I have put together some of my top favorite trends you must hit while on the road to building the best fall wardrobe.
Buckle Boot: New kicks make everything better. This is something that can really give a punch to any fall outfit. Something easy to wear, great on your feet, and really can take a boring outfit into something that is fun and warm. These are bringing back the nod to 1990’s in a major way.
Plaid: Grunge gets even bigger this season. I love this trend. It sends me back to my Pearl Jam days but fresher. I love how they are used on the runways – head to toe plaid. Gives such a big impact with great classic touches. This is simple to wear and adds an easy go to pattern. Plaid is easy to shop for. Add some spike jewelry with it and you can get your grunge on this season.
Fur Vest: Oversized is my most favorite trend ever! I love to be comfy. I love to cover myself. I feel warm, comfy, and modest all at the same time, which makes me more of a happy woman. A happy woman can do great things. That means all of you! Go big and go comfy. I loved all the vests I saw on the runway this fall. Vest is a great transition piece into winter without being so covered. So go comfy and furry with a great vest from jbellashop.com
Slouchy Pants: In solid colors or graphic prints, this roomy silhouette is effortlessly stylish. I love this in a structured blazer. Even saw Kate moss rock it with a Moto jacket. Either way this pant trend can be dressed up for work or dressed down for a weekend of effortless style. This is one of my most favorite trends out there.
Must have colors: Cobalt blue, emerald green
The light sweater: A must for fall because it’s just perfect without being to much weight to make ya sweat. Couldnt be better. I love this one from Jbellashop.com
Fall is one of the most amazing times to add some fun classics into your closet. Jeans are always a must and some great sweaters. So while shopping for those basics pick some of these must have trends to add a punch of style into your wardrobe.
To see all the looks from my ABC4 Good Things Utah Show today it will be posted around 1pm. Thanks!
Well that time has come! Your 30, you don’t want to hear it! I know I didn’t. That being said I feel so much more gathered and put than I ever have in my 20s. At 30 you feel more established. You have more direction. So in your wardrobe it’s time to freshen up the class a bit! I want to touch on a few thoughts and rules for dressing in your 30s.
1. Start to invest in The Classics: You are more established now. Your out of college. Your starting your careers or families now. So it’s time to invest in a little bit more of yourself and look a bit more polished and put together. So find that look that has a clean slate but you can add some crazy color or patterns to those pumps. So get some blazers that you can take your 20′s favorite T-shirt and still wear but class it up a bit with one of your blazers. Classic black dress instead of that one that was your favorite college dress. A bit more tailored or structured to show experience and you classic beauty.
2. Simple Jeans: You’re a bit older now you can afford those more expensive jeans that hold you in like a lady. Choose a bit more comfort to fit your lifestyle. A more confidant and mature style instead of those big stitching ones that match your 10 year olds. If you love them that’s ok but maybe don’t wear a tight T-shirt with stones and princess crowns all over it to match totally with your 10 year old top and bottom. Really stand out for being a beautiful and sexy mother or working woman or both with your own twist of style that is more mature and that fits who you are. If you do pick a crazy jean than that’s fine balance it out with a classic black T-shirt and blazer or sweater on top that fits and looks like a lady.
3. Say Goodbye to Mid drifts and mini Skirts: Yes I know what some are going to say! “Jen I work out everyday and I want to show off what hard work looks like after having children”! Yes, I know. I get it. I have given birth to 5 children I know! Here is the deal. Save it for the pool and gym. I don’t need to see you walking around with your whole tummy hanging out to respect how hard you work out. In fact I am going to think you are more beautiful dressed in some classic T-shirt and jeans and funky pair of Oxford’s like a cute Jennifer Aniston than seeing you whole body hanging out like your 21! Woman that are 21 look hot and that’s what they are looking for me to say at that age. I say you need to be looking for ” I look beautiful, smart, confidant, and sexy. So no tummy rings showing please! Modesty is your friend!
SIDE NOTE: SHOW LESS BELLY AND MORE LEG IT’S JUST CLASSY
So look your age but still look cool, innovative, modern, and fresh! Add patterns and colors in a J. Crew classic feel and not a Brittney spears way! No offensive. She’s cute but time to cover up a bit more and start investing more time and money in what you are wearing. Invest in those classic pieces and find that inner confidence.
Thanks to the Daily Dish for having me on their TV show as a Fashion Expert. I will be posting a link to that show and photos after it airs today! Stay Tuned…….